Friday, February 11, 2011

Week 4

Hola

This has been an incredibly fast week! It feels like just yesterday I was writing my last e-mail! As usual though not much has happened.

In our Teaching opportunity this week our assignment was to be prepared to pick somebody up to go to church and to get on a "bus" to go to church. We had to talk to the investigator for 15 minutes about their family, school, work, and commitments that we invited them to do. It was great! Elder Flamm and I were able to use up the 15 minutes easily (but that may have been because our investigator LOVED to talk!... I think that's how it will be in Aergentina) So the Spanish went much better this week than our last TRC. The next part was to go back to the investigators home and teach about the plan of salvation in English. it was just our second time teaching it so it was a little rough. Yet we have already improved drastically.

That's awesome about Taylor! He is going to love Des Moines, Iowa and he will do great at learning Spanish. That was cool too how alex was there to talk to the Dickinson's about the mission! Right now there are about 4 other elders from my graduating class here so its fun to see them around.

Crazy story today! When we were going to the temple today I saw Emily in our session! What a crazy coincidence! It was a pleasure to see her. Although it feels like i haven't really been gone that long so it was kinda funny. But what a treat.

Sundays are my most absolute favorite days. (other than pdays) porque on sundays we have our church meetings mostly all in spanish and we learn a ton about the language and also about how we can feel the spirit without knowing what is said. we also get a devotional from somebody working in the church missionary department. And after the devotional we get to watch movies (Legacy, Joseph Smith, or the Testaments) We also get to go walk to the temple. Its fun to go somewhere other than our classroom and rooms. Overall sundays are extremely relaxing and get us ready for the upcoming week.

Next week the elders in my district that are going to Argentina have two two hour meetings. 1st meeting we are meeting with an argentine visa agent. And the 2nd meeting we will meet with a member of the Argentine Consul. Both are at the MTC. We are looking forward to that and hopefully we will have our visas soon. We keep hearing about how missionaries headed to Mexico, Brazil, and Spain are getting reasiggned because they don't have their visas yet.

Another funny story from this week. There is this Elder in my district who always wants our sleeping room to be cold. And me being the son of my mother always want it warm. We argued about it for a bit. But then I decided that it didn't really matter. SO I have been sleeping in my long johns and jacket every night so that I can stay warm. The other elders make fun of me. But at least I am getting good sleep, right? :) Well thanks to all that have sent me letters and dear elders! Keep them coming por favor! (Emily, you should repost my address on fb) Thanks for all of your prayers and support!

Con amor,

Elder Max Vaterlaus

No comments:

Post a Comment